The only software need to run your hospital Smarter.
We would like to thank you for purchasing Smart Hospital! We are very pleased you have chosen Smart Hospital for your institution, you will not be disappointed! Before you get started, please be sure to always check out these documentation files. We outline all kinds of good information, and provide you with all the details you need to use Smart Hospital. Smart Hospital can be used with any hospital, clinic, pathology center, radiology center, pharmacy, blood bank or medical training institute.
If you are unable to find your answer here in our documentation, watch our Video Tutorials, you can also visit our Help & Support. Chances are your question or issue have been brought up already and the answer is waiting to be found. If you are unable to find it anywhere, then please go our Support section and open a new Support Ticket with all the details we need. Please be sure to include your site URL as well. Thank you, we hope you enjoy using Smart Hospital!
Help & Support
To installing Smart Hospital, Your web server must be running PHP 5.4 or higher and Mysql 5.1 or higher. We have tested it with Windows, Mac and Linux but for optimum performance we will recommend to use Linux with Apache webserver. Below are a list of items you should ensure your host can comply with.
- PHP 5.4+
- MYSQL 5.1+
- mod_rewrite Apache
- MBString Extension
- MYSQLi Extension
- Zip Extension
- CURL Extension (recommended)
* In most hosting accounts, these extensions are enabled by default. But you should check with your hosting provider.
Before installation Smart Hospital to install and work properly, you must make few directories/files writable. Below are a list of directories/files you should ensure that have write permissions.
Smart Hospital comes with a simple automatic installer.
- Configure database connection
You need to have previously setup database from the cPanel or your hosting provider.
Here is a good tutorial how to setup MySQL database in cPanel if you are not familiar with this.
- Login to cPanel by accessing www.yourdomain.com/cpanel and navigate go MySQL Databases.
- Create database first.
- Create user and setup your password.
- Add the user to database by selecting the database and the username.
Make sure you have checked All privileged when adding the user to database.
Find the folder smart_hospital_src in your downloaded package from Codecanyon. This folder contains complete source code files need to install Smart Hospital. Upload all the files under this folder to your hosting folder and navigate to your url http://yourdomain.com/ . After hitting url http://yourdomain.com/ system redirects to http://yourdomain.com/install/start to start installer.
You will need to pass the server requirements in order to install Smart Hospital.
Click Database Setup and populate the fields according to your database setup.
If any errors found while connecting you will be notified otherwise you should see the credentials screen
Enter Super Admin Email and Password for your Admin Panel Login
Great! You have successfully installed Smart Hospital. At last step click on Delete Install Directory and Login button to go to Admin Panel Login page.
If you need help for installation, do not hesitate to open Support Ticket
After successful installation you need to setup few things about your hospital. Smart Hospital comes with some predefined data but you still need to configure them as per your hospital.
Smart Hospital have 9 inbuilt user's roles - Super Admin, Admin, Doctor, Accountant, Pathologist, Radiologist, Nurse, Receptionist and Patient. Virtually you can create unlimited number of user roles for staff members.
Login to Admin Panel through URL - http://yourdomain/site/login
After successful login you will reach to Admin Dashboard. Below you can find navigational overview of user screen.
Admin Panel consist 19 modules listed below -
- Front Office - for all OPD appointment and reception/front office related activities like enquiries, calls, visitors, postal receive/dispatch
- OPD - Out Patient - for all OPD patient registration, visits, revisits, old OPD patients
- IPD - In Patient - for all IPD patients admission, consultant register, diagnosis, timeline, IPD charges, payments, bill and discharged ipd patients
- Pharmacy - for all medicine list, stock, and pharmacy bills
- Pathology - for all pathology test details and patient test records
- Radiology - for all radiology test details and patient test records
- Operation Theatre - for managing patient operation activities and operation records
- Blood Bank - for managing blood group available blood stock, donor details and blood issue details
- TPA Management - Third Party Administrator for managing changes and records of insurance or mediclaim companies
- Finance - for managing general income and expense
- Ambulance - for managing ambulance vehicles and ambulance call details
- Human Resource - for all the information related to staff members can be manage here like staff search, profile, attendance, payroll, leaves
- Messaging - it works like a notice board basically a messaging system for communication to patient and staff
- Download Center - for managing downloadable documents that need to distribute staff
- Inventory - manage all the assets of your hospital with stocks and store under inventory module
- Front CMS - manage front website of Smart Hospital here by creating pages, menus, events, gallery, news
- Reports - all the various reports related to different modules can be found here
- Setup - configure Smart Hospital here for different settings like hospital, sessions, admin password, SMS, Paypal, backup / restore, languages
- Calendar & ToDo List - track and manage all daily/monthly activities and create your task in todo list
To understand how Smart Hospital works first we need to configure and setup it for our hospital. In this whole documentation we will consider our sample hospital which is Smart Hospital & Research Center.
Steps to setup your Smart Hospital -
- In the Admin panel go to Setup > Settings > General Setting in upper right side click on Edit button to update your hospital data.
- Update your Hospital Name, Address, Phone, Email, Hospital Code (Hospital Code is your hospital registration / accreditation no), Language (language in which you want to run your Smart Hospital), Language RTL Text Mode (for Arabian side languages), Timezone, Time Format, Currency (ISO standard 3 digit currency code), Currency Symbol and Credit Limit (used for IPD module balance amount credit limit), OPD Record Month (for default number of month data display in OPD module patient list) now click on Save button to update record.
- For updating your hospital logo click on right column Edit Logo buttons.
- For enabling automated email/sms notification on different events go to Setup > Settings > Notification Setting page.
- For automated SMS messaging add any one of available SMS Gateway with the required details from Setup > Settings > SMS Setting.
- For automated Email messaging by default SendMail is selected in Smart Hospital. If your hosting server supports SendMail then your will get emails by default otherwise you have to select SMTP email engine. For SMTP you can use any free or paid smtp service like Gmail. To enter your SMTP server details go to Setup > Settings > Email Setting > SMTP.
- To enabling online payment in Patient Panel update your payment gateway account details for this, go to Setup > Settings > Payment Methods select your appropriate payment gateway and add you payment gateway account details then click on save button and enable it from right side box.
- At this point we have completed basic settings of our hospital. Now we will add our hospital other details in Smart Hospital like Hospital Charges, Bed, Ward, Floor, Departments, Doctors etc.
- For adding Hospital Charges go to Setup > Hospital Charges, Here first we will add Charge Category, for this click on Add Charge Category button. Now enter Name, Description and select Charge Type like Procedures (is for general ipd charges like doctor visit), Investigations (is for pathology/radiology lab test or other investigations), Supplier (is for other things supply like oxygen charges), Operation Theatre (is for operation theatre charges) and Other (is for other miscellaneous charges).
Now we will add Charges for this click on Add Charge button. Now select Charge Type, Charge Category, enter Charge Code (it is like short code to differentiate two charges for same charge type and charge category), then enter Standard Charge, Description and if there is any TPA (Third Party Administrator or Insurance organization) is present then enter Scheduled Charge for this also)
- For adding Bed and their details go to Setup > Bed.
Here first we will add Floors, Bed Groups, Bed Type. To add Floors click on + Add button then enter Floor Name and Description.
To add Bed Group click on + Add button then enter Bed Group Name, select Floor and enter Description.
To to add Bed Type click on + Add button then enter Bed Type Name.
Now to add Bed click on + Add button then enter Bed Name, select Bed Type and Bed Group.
At Bed Status page we can check current status of all bed.
- For adding header and footer in OPD prescription, IPD Bill, Pharmacy Bill, Payslip go to Setup > Print Header Footer
To add OPD Prescription Header and Footer click on + Add button now select Header image then enter Footer text.
To add IPD Bill Header and Footer click on + Add button now select Header image then enter Footer text.
To add Pharmacy Bill Header and Footer click on + Add button now select Header image then enter Footer text.
To add Payroll Slip Header and Footer click on + Add button now select Header image Then enter Footer text.
- To setup Front Office go to Setup > Front Office.
To add Visitor Purpose click on + Add Purpose button now enter Purpose and Description.
To add Complain Type click on + Add Complain Type button now enter Complain Type and Description.
To add Complain Source click on + Add Source button now enter Source and Description.
To setup Pharmacy go to Setup > Pharmacy.
To add Medicine Category click on + Add Medicine Category now enter Medicine Category Name.
To setup Pathology go to Setup > Pathology.
To add Pathology Category click on + add Pathology Category now enter Pathology Category Name.
To setup Radiology go to Setup > Radiology.
To add Radiology Category click on + Add Radiology Category now enter Radiology Category Name.
To setup Finance go to Setup > Finance.
To add Income Head click on + add Income Head button now enter Income Head and Description.
To add Expense Head click on + Add Expense Head button now enter Expense Head and Description.
To setup Human Resource go to Setup > Human Resource.
To add Leave Type click on + Add Leave Type button now enter Leave Type Name.
To add Department click on + Add Department button now enter Department Name.
To add Designation click on + Add Designation button now enter Designation Name.
To setup Inventory go to Setup > Inventory.
To add Item Category click on + Add Item Category now enter Item Category and Description.
To add Item Store click on + Add Item Store button now enter Item Store Name, Item Stock Code and Description.
To add Item Supplier click on + Add Item Supplier button now enter Item Supplier Name, Phone, Email, Contact Person Name, Address, Contact Person Phone, Contact Person Email and Description.
- Thats it! you have completed a quick setup of your Smart Hospital. Now you can start taking admission of patients and do other activities. Although Smart Hospital is very user friendly and every modules are self explanatory but we still recommend you to read Smart Hospital Documentation for detail understanding.
All of our items come with free support, and we have a Dedicated
Support Ticket System to handle your requests. Support is limited to questions regarding the code features, bugs or problems with the application. We are not able to provide support for code customizations or third-party plugins. If you need help with anything other than minor customizations of your code then you should enlist the help of a developer or our customization service.
Please mention your Codecanyon Purchase Code with your support ticket.
Go to Support Portal
Thank you once again for the purchase!
Once again, thank you to trust on Smart Hospital. We will be glad to help you if you have any questions relating to this application. No guarantees, but we will do best to assist.
Please if you like this Smart Hospital, please do not forget to rate us 5 Star at Codecanyon